Last weekend we went to St. George to attend my nephew, Tanner's baptism. Here's the whole fam outside the church afterwards (notice that Jeff and I aren't together - I was handing my camera to the guy taking the pictures when Jeff lined up for the picture without leaving a spot for me - oh well, that spot where I am needed to be filled!).

Back row (LtoR): Tia's Grandma, Jeff, Mom, Dad, Jeremy (Taryn's man), Taryn (my sister), Taelor, Tiffany (Tia's sister), Brandon (Tiffany's husband). Middle row (LtoR): Shawna (my sister), Kylie (her daughter), Landon (my brother), Tia (his wife), Mandy (Tia's sister), Me. Front row (LtoR): Chloe, Sadie, Dawson, Tanner, Makele, Jack and Dustin (all my neices and nephews nieces and nephews except Sadie (Mandy's daughter). Got that straight now?
Tia's grandma was nice enough to host the lunch afterwards at her house. Then she earned her sainthood by allowing Jeff, Landon and Brandon to stay and watch the BYU football game on her T.V. (although I don't know how much say she had in the matter but she didn't kick them out like she should have).
Sunday morning we traveled to Fillmore and had Mom's famous Sunday dinner: roast beef, gravy, new potatoes and corn on the cob both from the garden. Growing up every Sunday we could count on a dinner like this - always meat (usually roast beef), potatoes (usually mashed) and some vegetable (usually corn). It's one of my favorite memories - how I wished I could get my act together enough to pull off a meal like that!
We also got to see the tree house that Landon built the week before. Here's a layout I did about it (click to enlarge if you feel so inclined):

Journaling Reads: Uncle Landon built this incredible treehouse in Grandma’s backyard over Labor Day weekend. Makele had no fear climbing up the big stairs, but Jack wanted nothing to do with it at first (he later got over it and went up with Kylie). We loved looking out the window at “the whole town” as Makele said, playing with the bucket pulley system and testing out the light. All the grandkids put their handprints on the walls as their initiation into the “Cousin’s Club!”
Supplies: Cardstock: Core'dinations Cardstock; Patterned Paper: Cosmo Cricket & Sassafras Lass, Chipboard (animals & cloud): Sassafras Lass; Chipboard (house): Scenic Route; Digital Frame: Jessica Sprague; Ink: Clearsnap.
Here's a photo of Makele in the tree house:

There is also a big tire swing - Makele loved it!

It was a fun weekend spent with family. I just didn't post before now because I had great intentions of getting those pictures scrapped before I posted, but it just didn't happen until later this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment